Saturday, September 09, 2006

Hastur's Bane- Part 2

The pieces of the ornament held! Thus the final finishing step needed to be taken- the glueing of the trim. This step requires the dreaded glue gun again. With much cussing and gasps of pain- I managed to get the trim on the ornament. It looks okay...from distance. I learned that I need to use larger cord and that my glue gun ability should be given an F-. I couldn't squeeze the glue in a straight line to save my life. But it is done. Enjoy the pic. The ornament is called Traditions and it is from an JCS ornie edition.


4 comments:

Erin said...

Looks good! I'm a terrible ornament finisher myself....everything turns into little stuffed pillows, and I'm so tired of that. *sigh*

Your work area looks like mine!! hehehe My DH was soooo happy when my father built me my own "craft station" counter in the basement....

tkdchick said...

For attaching trim try using Eileens Tacky Glue (its a white glue). It'll give you a better chance to re-adjust your trim whereas hot glue is pretty much dry right away... and you don't burn your fingers!!!

HasturTorres said...

Thanks Dani, I looked over your directions and realized my mistake. I am making another finishing attempt today.

Meari said...

I actually sew my cording on with invisible thread, or floss/thread matching the cording.